Greece is a great place to spend your holidays here. There is everything you need for this: snow-white beaches, the cleanest sea, a rich excursion program and ample opportunities for entertainment. Moreover, there are so many resorts in Greece that it is sometimes difficult to make a choice in favor of just one. Today we will talk about the island of Zakynthos, one of the amazing Greek resorts, the air of which smells of pine, salt and rosemary.
This island is ideal for active tourists who like to combine tanning and swimming with active entertainment and night parties. However, you do not have to include a noisy party in your vacation program. Zakynthos gives every tourist the right and opportunity to choose how to spend their vacation.
How to get to Zakynthos island?
The island has its own airport, Dionysios Solomos International Airport. Hundreds of domestic and international flights land here daily, mainly from European cities. The airport is located 4 km from the city of Zakynthos, the capital of the island. There is no public transport at the airport, so you can get to the city only by taxi, transfer or rented car.
Also, the island can be reached by ferry from the Greek cities of Kefallonia and Killen and the Italian city of Brindisi. The ferry carries not only passengers, but also their cars.
Resorts and beaches of Zakynthos island
The city of Zakynthos is a kind of capital of the island and a center of concentration of the main architectural attractions. Thanks to old mansions and castles, the local views are truly stunning with their beauty.
Another undoubted advantage of the island is its beaches. Here they are sandy and pebble, large and small, framed by rocks and pines, furnished with sunbeds and wild, unlike each other, but all very beautiful:
- Laganas Beach; the most crowded, in the evenings there are noisy parties with dancing right on the beach.
- Kalamaki Beach; Suitable for seed tourists and tourists with children.
- Navagio Beach; You can get here only by water, all the infrastructure is missing here, but the beauty of the beach will not leave you indifferent.
- Banana Beach; Shallow enough, perfect for tourists with young children.
- Ksigiya Beach; Here you can conduct spa treatments using collagen-rich sulfur springs located right on the beach.
- Gerakas Beach; refers to the National Marine Park, as it is the habitat of sea turtles.
- The resort and beach of Tsilivi; center for lovers of active water activities: windsurfing, water skiing, diving and more.
The easiest way to visit all the most interesting and beautiful places on the island is to go on a tour. And you can choose whether it will be a tour by bus or boat. Both this and the other kind of tour has a number of advantages, but both open unexplored corners of Zakynthos to your eyes. Tour itineraries can be very different: simple sightseeing or with included activities (for example, diving, visiting caves and grottoes, etc.). You can buy a tour at the hotel reception, at travel agencies or right on the pier (if you have chosen a boat).