Cuba is undoubtedly one of the most amazing countries in the world where you can spend your vacation in an interesting way. It has everything you need to give you comfort and new emotions. Cuba has active entertainment, snow-white beaches, a wide excursion program and, of course, amazingly beautiful natural and national parks. One of them is the Vinales Valley, which will be discussed in today’s post. Read more to find out about this place, how to get there and where to stay nearby.
How to get to Vinales Valley
The Vinales Valley is located 150 km west of Havana. You can get to the valley in several ways.
- The nearest Jose Marti International Airport is located in Havana. You can take a taxi to Vinales directly from the terminal (this is the closest town to the valley). This is a very comfortable, but extremely expensive option.
- You can get to the valley by bus. Bus company Viazul regularly operates twice a day (at 9 am and 2 pm) to Vinales. Ticket cost about 15 dollars, travel time a little over 3 hours.
- You can get to the valley as part of an excursion group by buying a tour at a hotel or travel agency.
- And of course, you can go to the valley on your own by renting a car.
You can navigate the valley by car or sightseeing bus. The tour lasts a little over an hour, and includes about 20 stops on the route.
Information about Vinales Valley
The Vinales Valley was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1999. This is one of the most picturesque places in Cuba, which is worth a visit to everyone who comes to the island.
First, the valley is famous for its unique landscapes. Here, on an evergreen plain with an area of more than 130 square km, there are stony hills up to 400 meters high, in which caves, underground rivers and waterfalls are located. In the midst of all this beauty is a small Cuban village, sugar and tobacco plantations and several charming colonial-era buildings.
In the Vinales Valley, you can do all kinds of activities. In addition to hiking, you can ride horses or bike, go on an excursion to the Cave of the Indians or ride a motor boat on the underground river. You can take a dip in the local waterfalls, or just take a walk in the botanical garden, listening to the singing of exotic birds.
In Vinales, there are many travel agencies offering tours of the area. The price for the tour starts at $15. Usually this is horseback riding, excursions to tobacco farms and beaches.
Hotels in Vinales Valley
Hotels in the Vinales Valley offer comfortable accommodation for a wide variety of tastes and budget sizes. Most of the hotels located in the nearby town of Vinales are all modest and authentic. For those looking for more luxurious options, we recommend heading to Havana.
Here are a few hotels in the valley:
- Casa Ony y Luis
- Horizontes Rancho San Vicente
- Casa Damaris Millo
- Villa Silvia